In today’s digital world, where the internet plays a key role in our daily lives, many of us are eager to register on various websites and platforms. However, when it comes to providing contact information, including a personal phone number, it is not always a good idea to rush to disclose this information. In this article, we will look at a few reasons why you should not use a personal phone number when registering online. Also, we will tell you how you can receive SMS without revealing your personal phone number.
Risks of using a personal phone number when registering online
- Risk of leaking personal information. When you provide your personal phone number when registering on websites or apps, there is a risk that this information could be stolen or sold to third parties. If leaked, your phone number can be used for spam, unwanted calls or even phishing attacks. Therefore, providing a personal phone number can lead to potential security and privacy issues.
- Privacy breach. Using a personal phone number when registering may result in a breach of your privacy. Your contact information may be shared with third parties who may use it for advertising, marketing, or even selling it to other companies. In addition, various services and applications may collect your personal information associated with your phone number to create detailed profiles or targeted advertising.
- Protection from unwanted contacts. Using a separate phone number for online registration can help you avoid unwanted contacts. If you provide your personal phone number, you may begin to be bothered by unsolicited calls or messages related to advertising or sales. By separating your contact information, you can keep your main phone number clean from unwanted information.
Ways to solve the problem
If you need to publish a number on the Internet (for example, register an account), it is desirable to do it on trusted platforms with personal data protection. If you are not sure of the reliability of the website or simply do not want to disclose your personal data, you can buy a special virtual phone number for verification for such tasks. It will be used solely for receiving SMS messages and registration, so you will not need to replenish your account regularly. You also do not need to buy an additional phone – modern technology allows you to do this online simply in your browser. Further we will tell you in more detail what a virtual phone number is and how to use it.
What is a virtual phone number for verification?
It is a special mobile number intended for receiving SMS messages, which you can get for temporary use on the Internet. You can use it instead of your personal number when registering on websites, apps or other online services where required. Such numbers are usually not tied to your real location and you can get them anywhere in the world.
One of the main advantages of using this virtual registration service is the ability to keep your personal phone number secure and avoid unwanted calls, messages or spam related to your online activity.
Instructions on How to Buy a Virtual Number Using the SMS-man Platform
SMS-man is a service that provides an opportunity to get virtual numbers for receiving SMS messages. To get a virtual number through SMS-man, follow these steps:
- Open the SMS-man website (https://sms-man.com/) in your web browser.
- Create an account by clicking on the “Sign Up” button. Enter the required information such as email address and password and follow the instructions to complete the registration.
- After registration, log in to your SMS-man account using your credentials. After that, you will need to recharge your balance. You can use any available payment system on the special page.
- After topping up your balance on SMS-man go back to the main page. There you will find the list of available countries and services for which virtual numbers are provided.
- Select the country and services for which you need a virtual number, then click the buy button.
Done! The purchased virtual number will be added to your request history and you can start using it. You can see the incoming SMS message in the same section where your phone number is located.
Although it may be common practice to provide a personal phone number when registering for online services, it is worth considering the possible risks associated with this action. Protecting personal information and privacy should be a priority for every user. Consider alternative authentication methods and take the precaution of using virtual numbers to keep your personal information safe in the digital environment.